Serve as a Catechist or Catechist Aide - - Why?
- The best way to learn is to teach.
- Your own faith will come alive.
- You become an active participant in one of the essential responsibilities of a Church community.
- You assist in bringing Christ to others.
- You practice stewardship.
- You show your family that you value the Faith.
- You become a role model.
- Being a Catechist brings joy.
- You make a difference in the lives of our young people!
A Catechist helps young people come to know Christ and the riches of our faith by teaching weekly PREP classes (26x yearly).
- Level 5 Catechist Needed (Thursdays): Please consider sharing your faith with our students.
- We also need Aides to assist our Catechists: Mondays (for our Special Needs program, 4:30-5:30pm) and Tues/Thurs: 4:15-5:45pm or Sat mornings 10:00-11:30am.
If you are interested in volunteering, contact PREP at 732-251-1660.
High School Students consider…
...there is a great way to be of service here at STA. PREP enables you to assist our Catechists in sharing our faith with younger students. Volunteering in PREP will help you with your community service requirements for high school. Remember by your witness, experience, talents and service you can positively change the lives of others! It's time to "Pay it Forward!"