Why It’s Important to Begin at St. Thomas the Apostle
St. Thomas the Apostle has been involved in shaping young lives for over 50 years. While our strong commitment to our families and our faith has remained unchanged, our investment in student opportunities has never been greater than it is at this time.
It is a pleasure to share with you some of our recent accomplishments made possible by our outstanding, qualified faculty and innovative curricula:
8th Grade Accomplishments:
- One of our students has been accepted to Middlesex County Academy for Allied Health and Bio Medical Science.
- One of our students just received an acceptance to Monmouth County Academy for Allied Health and Science
- Two of our 8th graders just received acceptances to M.A.S.T. ( Marine and Science Technology)
- Nine of our 8th graders were accepted into St. John Vianney’s Early College Academy.
- Two of our students received over $70,000 in Scholarships at Red Bank Catholic
- One of our students received more than $8,000 in a Scholarship to Mother Seton
- Two of our students just got accepted into both Colts Neck’s and Marlboro’s Learning Center programs
- Terra Nova scores exceeding 85% National Percentile
- Accelerated Algebra Class
- Nationally acclaimed Leader in Me School
Additionally, while our enrollment remains strong, (over 420 students), our commitment to individualized instruction remains steadfast:
- Instructional Aides in grades Pre-K to 3rd
- Fast ForWord: Interactive web program targeting familiarity with grammar and improving reading comprehension.
- IXL Learning – web-based learning: Grades K-8 (Math and LA)
- Leveled readers in our Wonders Reading Program
- Middle School Block Schedules
St. Thomas the Apostle continues to accomplish these things through our strong partnership with our parents. Through volunteer work and participation in our fundraisers, including Bingo, we are able to provide an affordable and excellent, 21st Century education.
… A LEADER IN ME SCHOOL
St. Thomas the Apostle is proud to be identified and licensed as a Leader in Me school. This process, originally identified by Steven Covey in The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, encourages us to create a culture of leadership within our school so that our students can gain confidence while learning essential life skills.
Essentially, it provides a blueprint for personal and interpersonal effectiveness, such as responsibility, integrity, cooperation, and collaboration. This allows our students to become better prepared to face the challenges of learning and living in the 21st century.
This process has been extremely successful in transforming schools as students become leaders in their own lives and their community. Staff members have been trained in the 7 Habits so that we may incorporate them into our own lives as we teach and reinforce them with our students. While Leader in Me has been implemented in schools across the country, St. Thomas is the first Catholic school in New Jersey to become a Leader in Me school.
We will continue to provide students with a solid faith foundation based on gospel values, however, we will add the principles of The 7 Habits to our resources and offer the students a practical guide of how to best use their God-given gifts and talents
Our faculty and staff are excited about this opportunity and look forward to sharing these skills with our students as we learn and grow together.