Distribution of Communion in the Parking Lot
Starting this Sunday, May 24, we will distribute Communion in the parking lot after the 12:00pm live-streamed Mass. The Mass will still be live-streamed from the church, so that you may view or listen to it on your personal device in your car. In time, we hope to transmi over FM radio for those who may not have a smartphone. The Mass will be celebrated in its entirety then Holy Communion will be distributed in cars as they drive by the distribution station in front of the main entrance of the church. You may only park in the designated spaces. After the lot is filled it will be closed. Please bear with us, as these are unchartered waters. We will continue streaming our normal schedule: 4:00pm Vigil, 10:30am and 12:00pm.
The guidelines from the Diocese are as follows: Executive Order 107 and subsequent orders remain in full force and effect except for the amendments provided for in Executive Order 142:
Gathering of any size are permitted provided these rules are followed:
- All attendees at the gathering must remain in their cars at all times. Communion will not be distributed to anyone outside the vehicle.
- Attendees must keep their cars closed - all windows, doors, sunroofs and the like must all be closed. Masks must be worn if cars are closer than 6 feet apart.
- All cars must face the church doors, and will be directed by police when Communion begins. When your car reaches the vested clergy, you open the window, extend hands, receive in the hand only, remove mask and consume the Host. There will be clergy on both sides of the car. The clergy will be masked and hand sanitizer will be used for their protecting. As usual, please a spirit of reverence when receiving the Eucharis as we do in church.
- Exit the parking lot safely after receiving Communion.
Online Giving is Available Now
Here at St. Thomas the Apostle, we encourage you to be Christian Stewards, using everything God has given you — time, talent, treasure — to serve Him gratefully.
Live-stream Mass Feed
Daily Mass is streamed at 12:15pm Monday-Friday. Saturday at 4:00pm and Sunday at 10:30am and 12:00pm.
Read the letter from Fr. Johnson regarding the live-stream Mass feed.
* You do not need to have a Facebook account to watch the livestream! Simply click on link.
Directives issued by Bishop Checchio in response to COVID-19
All public Masses throughout the Diocese of Metuchen will be temporarily suspended beginning no later than March 18 and resume no earlier than April 3, 2020, when the situation will be re-evaluated as circumstances unfold.
Acting with an abundance of caution, the following have been suspended:
CONFIRMATION SCHEDULED FOR APRIL 1st HAS BEEN POSTPONED until further notice.
The following have been suspended until further notice:
* Mandatory Mass Attendance for Confirmation Candidates and PREP students;
* Liturgy of the Word for Children
* PREP Class
In the meantime, please sit with your child(ren) and complete the Finding God sessions with them. All Class calendars can be found HERE. Scroll to the bottom of the page, select the calendar for your child's day and level.
We will continue to share information as soon as we receive it.
"To make disciples as we know, love and serve God and one another."
Welcome to St. Thomas the Apostle
Whatever your status in the Church, whatever your family/marital situation, whatever your religious affiliation, whatever your personal history, age, background, race or color, sexual orientation, you are invited, welcomed, accepted, loved and respected at our Catholic Community of Saint Thomas the Apostle.
We have set a GoFundMe account, for those who may wish to donate their weekly contributions if it is easier for anyone. St. Thomas the Apostle relies on weekly contributions from parishioners to support the work of our parish, including staff wages and daily operations and our own service of those less fortunate. You can designate your tax deductible donation for our parish. We would appreciate any shares of this post as well.
In October of 2021, St Thomas the Apostle Parish will celebrate its 100th Anniversary! We will begin our yearlong celebration in October of 2020. Parish Council members, as well as parishioners, will be part of planning our Celebration and asked to be members of the various committees that will be formed to make our Centennial Celebration a success.
St. Thomas the Apostle 2020 Summer Camp
Jun 29, 2020 - Jul 31, 2020
Many activities including: Bowling, swimming, outdoor sports, arts & crafts, digital technology, outdoor water play and movie time. Contact Donna Delfino at email@example.com for more information.
VBS 2020: Rocky Railway
Jul 6, 2020 - Jul 10, 2020
Mon, Jul 6 - Fri, Jul 10 from 9:00am-12:00pm daily.
We are looking for adult volunteers to help! Please call the PREP Office 732.251.1660 or email Debbie at firstname.lastname@example.org.