Let the children come to me.
This is one way you, the youth of our parish, can come and serve the Lord by becoming an Altar Server.
What does an Altar Server do?
The two main duties of a server are to assist the priest and deacon during the celebration of Mass and help the people pray by your example.
Who can become an Altar Server?
Anyone who is in the 4th grade, made your First Communion, and is enrolled in Faith Formation classes with the willingness to serve any of the 6 week-end Masses about 1-2 times per month.
- Arrive 15 minutes before the start of Mass.
- Dress into alb, cincture, and appropriate cross or medal.
- Stand in back of church until Mass starts.
- Carry crucifix during beginning procession.
- Hold Sacramentary book for priest.
- Assist in setting the altar table.
- Carry candles during offertory procession.
- Hold pitcher & finger bowl so the priest can wash his hands.
- Clear altar after communion.
- Carry crucifix during ending procession.
- Replace crucifix in Sacristy.
- Replace alb, stole, and cross or medal.
Must attend two new servers training and additional training when new procedures are put in place. Please contact the parish office for more information or to become part of this ministry.
May God Bless You and Love You!